Thursday, March 3, 2016

Investigative Reports on Contact With or About the Zipperers


The Zipperer's driveway

CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT (CASO)

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf

NOVEMBER 2005 - THE MONTH TERESA HALBACH WAS REPORTED MISSING

CASO PAGE 3 - LEMIEUX'S REPORT

At approximately 1700 hours on 11/03/05, I (Cpl. LESLIE LEMIEUX of the CALUMET CO. SHERIFF'S DEPT.) began the initial investigation of a possible missing person.

[...]

I had left a phone message with the phone number from the GEORGE ZIPPERER appointment requesting that he contact me. I did call the ZIPPERER residence again and spoke with a male subject who identified himself as GEORGE ZIPPERER. I explained the reason for my call, and ZIPPERER immediately raised his voice saying that the AUTO TRADER had trespassed on his property and he did not want any more calls from them. ZIPPERER said he was going to contact an attomey if these calls continued.

I asked GEORGE if he had made an appointment for a photo shoot to sell a vehicle with AUTO TRADER. GEORGE said no he did not. GEORGE said that would have been his son. I asked GEORGE if it would be possible to speak with his son. GEORGE said he didn't know where he was. I asked GEORGE if his son lived there and he said yes.

GEORGE said he works 24 hours a day and maybe talks to his son once a month. GEORGE said his son didn't have a cell phone and he did not know how to contact him. GEORGE said he thought his son was headed to Alaska to look for a job. GEORGE said he was going to head to Alaska next month to do the same. GEORGE said his son works all the time too.

GEORGE said the AUTO TRADER had been calling them and he did not request their services. GEORGE said he thought that they must be con artists. I asked GEORGE if he knew whether or not the photographer had shown up on Monday and was indeed on his property. GEORGE said he wasn't sure but he assumes so because he saw an AUTO TRADER magazine on the kitchen table.

GEORGE was unwilling to give me his personal information or his son's. I asked GEORGE how to spell his last name and he spelled ZIZORE. I asked GEORGE for his date of birth and he said he forgot it. GEORGE then said that I had caught him on a bad day.

GEORGE said that I had now upset his dog, which I could hear barking in the background. GEORGE told me that it was a mean dog and anybody who came on his property better watch out cause it could eat them starting with the feet.

GEORGE said he worked hard and did not have time for this. GEORGE said someone was driving up his driveway now and he had to go. I asked GEORGE to contact me if he had any further information.

CASO PAGE 8 - WIEGERT'S REPORT

On 11/03/05 at approximately 1730 hours, I (Inv. MARK WIEGERT of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) received a phone call from Cpl. LEMIEUX of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. Cpl. LEMIEUX was requesting my assistance in locating a missing person by the name of TERESA HALBACH.

[...]

I contacted the MANITOWOC COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT and spoke with Sgt. ANDREW COLBORN. I informed Sgt. COLBORN we were investigating a missing person's complaint. I also informed Sgt. COLBORN that we had two residences we would like to have checked, one being the STEVEN AVERY property and the second one being the GEORGE ZIPPERER property. Sgt. COLBORN indicated to me he would go over and attempt contact with Mr. AVERY. I also received a phone call from Manitowoc County Lt. JIM LENK. I informed him of the situation. Lt. LENK informed me he would call some people in and assist us in the investigation. At that time, I did contact lnv. DEDERING who went to MANITOWOC COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT and then eventually met with GEORGE ZIPPERER.

For more information on that, please see Inv. DEDERING's report.

CASO PAGE 13 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Thursday, 11/03/05 at approximately 1900 hrs., I (DEDERING) did arrive at MANITOWOC CO. SHERIFF's DEPT. There I met with Det. DENNIS JACOBS, Lt. JAMES LENK, Det. DAVID REMIKER, and Sgt. ANDREW COLBORN regarding this matter

[...]

I did request information on GEORGE ZIPPERER, who lives at 4433 CTH B, Manitowoc and is one of the other last outgoing phone numbers called by TERESA HALBACH. I learned that Mr. ZIPPERER's only real arrest incident of note was a domestic violence situation in 2002.

[...]

At 2115 hrs., while at the MANITOWOC CO. SHERIFF's DEPT., I received a telephone call from Inv. WIEGERT indicating that he had spoken with a representative from AUTO TRADER and that the AUTO TRADER had spoken with GEORGE ZIPPERER and it was determined further that TERESA HALBACH had been at the ZIPPERER residence.

[...]

ANGELA did tell me there were two appointments set up for TERESA on 11/03/05 and TERESA did not show up for either of those appointments. ANGELA also informed me she had spoken with GEORGE ZIPPERER, one of TERESA's appointments for Monday, and GEORGE had confirmed to her TERESA, in fact, had shown up and taken the picture, which she was supposed to do. I informed ANGELA I would like to get a copy of TERESA's last fax to her and any other information she could provide me about TERESA's appointments in that timeframe.


The image above is the lead sheet for the Zipperer appointment. Neither George nor Jason contacted Auto Trader about running an ad. Telemarketers called them when they scanned a local newspaper and found an ad Jason had placed to sell his Firebird. The telemarketing company in Florida that was contracted by Auto Trader to generate leads initiated contact with the Zipperer family, and the lead was passed onto the Auto Trader office in Hales Corners, WI (source code TMK for "telemarketing" lead). When Dawn Pliska of Auto Trader processed the two leads, the phone-in appointment for Craig Sippel/Steven Schmitz and the telemarketing lead for George Zipperer, she created two new accounts: Sippel #48484 and Zipper (sic) #48485. The cold call to the Zipperer home by the female telemarketer and the phone-in photo shoot request by Craig Sippel must have occurred on Friday, October 28th because the Sippel/Schmitz appointment was on a lead sheet faxed to Teresa at 7 a.m. on October 29th. The Zipperer lead was on Teresa's October 31st appointment sheet because she covered Manitowoc County only on Mondays.

CASO PAGE 17 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Thursday, 11/03/05 at approximately 2140 hrs., Det. REMIKER, Sgt. COLBORN and myself (Inv. DEDERING) did attempt to make contact at the residence of GEORGE ZIPPERER located at 4433 CTH B, Manitowoc, WI. We initially received no response to our repeated knocks at the door.

MANITOWOC CO. DISPATCH was advised to place calls to the phone number for the ZIPPERERS and they indicated that they reached an answering machine. I also attempted to contact the ZIPPERER residence via cellular ohone and obtained the same results.

The door was ultimately answered by the following individual:

GEORGE B. ZIPPERER

GEORGE was extremely belligerent initially, and it was my impression that he was apparently intoxicated.  

GEORGE indicated to me that the person from the AUTO TRADER had been at his residence, and that he wanted her arrested. He indicated that she had no permission to be on his property, and therefore, she was trespassing.

GEORGE continued in a boisterous manner even after I advised him that TERESA HALBACH had been reported as a missing person, and that his telephone number was one of the last numbers she had placed outgoing telephone calls to from her cellular phone.

I also spoke with GEORGE's son, JASON W. ZIPPERER, same address and phone. He indicated that he had advertised a '77 Pontiac Firebird for sale, but to his knowledge, he had not made any contact with the AUTO TRADER to have it advertised.

JASON ZIPPERER indicated that he attends LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL, Manitowoc, WI, and that he was there the entire day on Monday, 10/31. He further indicates that he attends LTC in Cleveland on Tuesdays.

During this time, he did walk me out to the '77 Firebird that he had for sale. He indicated that this vehicle was located south of the ZIPPERER residence and it was somewhat concealed by trees. JASON indicated the vehicle could be seen from the road, and when I looked backwards towards the road, I determined that this, in fact, was the case.

I asked JASON and GEORGE whether either of them had made contact with the AUTO TRADER to schedule a photography shoot of the vehicle. JASON indicated he did not and GEORGE further denied calling the AUTO TRADER magazine.

I did address statements made apparently by GEORGE to Cpl. LEMIEUX (see LEMIEUX's detailed report for information conceming this). GEORGE indicated that he had, in fact, told Cpl. LEMIEUX that his son, JASON, was on his way to Alaska to find work. ZIPPERER indicated that he does this to "have a little fun" when people who he does not know call his phone.

At 2153 hrs., I was allowed into the ZIPPERER residence. I did review voice mail messages left on the answering machine and Caller IDs. I did locate a Caller ID entry on 10/31/05 at 2:12 p.m. from phone number 920-731-4731. I recognized this as being the cellular phone number of TERESA HALBACH. I did review the voice mail messages and did locate a voice mail message from TERESA HALBACH indicating that she was calling on Monday about 2:15 p.m. She stated she was in the neighborhood, and that she was trying to photograph a 1977 Pontiac Firebird. She stated that she was having problems finding the residence and hoped to do so in the next few minutes.

I had been allowed access to the residence by both JO ELLEN ZIPPERER and GEORGE ZIPPERER. It should be noted that this voice mail message or answering machine message was subsequently copied by Det. JACOBS on Sunday, 11/06/05.

In speaking with JO ELLEN ZIPPERER, DOB 07/15/46, she stated she was in the backyard and apparently missed the telephone call that Ms. HALBACH placed. She stated sometime in the afternoon, a young lady did come to the residence and advised that she was from the AUTO TRADER and was there to photograph a vehicle. She indicated she gave the young lady directions to where the car described as a 1977 Firebird had been located, and the girl had come back between five and ten minutes later indicating that she had gotten her pictures. JO ELLEN ZIPPERER advised the girl was happy and smiling. Ms. ZIPPERER indicated that she did not see what vehicle, if any, the young lady had arrived in, nor could she tell me whether the young lady had arrived by herself or with someone else. JO ELLEN indicate she could not determine which direction the young lady traveled on CTH B when she left as she had never actually seen the vehicle the young lady arrived in.

JO ELLEN and GEORGE did provide me with a copy of an AUTO TRADER magazine, which had been left by the photographer, along with some pricing information and a yellow sign indicating "For Sale as Advertised in AUTO TRADER." I thanked the ZIPPERERS for their information and left the residence. These items were subsequently placed into evidence.




On the right in the image above is the package of materials that Teresa Halbach left with JoEllen Zipperer on October 31, 2005 (the magazine on the left in the image above allegedly was the AutoTrader magazine that Teresa gave Steven Avery on the same day).

CASO PAGE 30 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Friday, 11/04/05 at 0935 hrs., I did make contact with LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL, Manitowoc, WI , regarding JASON ZIPPERER's attendance on 10/31/05. I was transferred to School Resource Officer BRUCE JACOBS and was transferred to a voice mailbox. I left a message for Mr. JACOBS indicating my question about Mr. ZIPPERER's attendance. I subsequently received a call from Officer JACOBS indicating JASON ZIPPERER had, in fact, been at school all day, both morning and afternoon on 10/31/05.

CASO PAGE 99 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Saturday, 11/05/05 at 2004 hrs., Det. JACOBS and I (DEDERING) did make contact with JASON ZIPPERER, previously mentioned in this report at his residence of 4433 CTH B, Manitowoc, WI. Prior to asking Mr. ZIPPERER any questions, I did advise him that he was free to leave and asked him to check the door to insure he realized that the door was unlocked. I advised him that he did not have to speak with me if he chose not to could chose to terminate the interview at anytime he wished. He indicated he understood this and wished to speak with me.

I asked JASON if he or anyone in his family knows the AVERYS. He stated he does not personally know the AVERYS and further does not know where the salvage operation is located. He stated that his father does not know the AVERY family, and that the ZIPPERER family does not do business with the AVERY family.

CASO PAGE 105 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Sunday, 11/06/05 at 0821 hrs., I (DEDERING) assisted by Det. JACOBS did make contact with GEORGE ZIPPERER, previously mentioned in this report at his residence, 4433 CTH B, Manitowoc, WI. prior to asking ZIPPERER any questions, I advised him he was free to go, was not under arrest and could terminate the conversation at anytime he so chose. He indicated he understood this. He stated he would agree to answer questions.

I asked GEORGE ZIPPERER if he had ever done business with the AVERY'S AUTO SALVAGE operation. His response was "Hell no, I don't even know them." I asked him if he had ever been at the AVERY business and he responded, "No." I asked him if he was in any way related or close friends with the AVERYS and his response was "No."

GEORGE ZIPPERER indicated that on Monday, 10/31/05, he was at BELABAN REAL ESTATE OFFICES near the intersection of 1lth and Marshall in the City of Manitowoc. He stated that he was on the job site from 8:00 a.m. approximately until 5:00 p.m. He stated that he never left the job site and has witnesses that can verify this.  

GEORGE indicated that a female photographer had called the residence previously and was told by GEORGE not to come onto the property. GEORGE did not recall when this conversation had taken place.

I did take the following written statement from GEORGE ZIPPERER:

"On Monday, 10/31/05, I was on a job on Marshall Street between 10th and 11th in Manitowoc. I got there at 8: am. I didn't leave the site during the day, and I left the job about 5 pm. Mark Belaban was there, along with at least one employee, Rick Strosner (ph). There was also a painter there. The building is on the S/W corner of 11th and Marshall.

"I've never done business with the Avery family. I've never been to the Avery junk yard. I am not friends with any of the Avery family.

"I have dictated this statement to Investigator Dedering. I have read this statement and have initialed all the corrections. This statement is true and accurate."

This statement was signed in my presence by GEORGE ZIPPERER at 1045 hrs. on 11/06/05. My contact with GEORGE ZIPPERER ended at 0852 hrs.

CASO PAGE 107 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Sunday,  11/06/05 at 0910 hrs., I (DEDERING) did interview JO ELLEN ZIPPERER, previously mentioned in this report, at her residence at 4433 CTH B, Manitowoc, WI.

JO ELLEN indicated that on Monday, 10/31/05, she had had no personal phone contact with the lady who apparently took pictures of a vehicle, but stated the caller did leave a message indicating that she could not find the residence. It should be noted that at 0930 hrs., Det. JACOBS did receive permission from the ZIPPERERs to copy this message onto his cell phone and apparently this was later placed onto a CD.

JO ELLEN went on to indicate that she believed the photographer arrived at approximately 1430 hrs. and indicated this was before JASON, her son, got home from school. She stated that she didn't see or hear the vehicle enter the driveway. JO ELLEN ZIPPERER indicated that she gave the photographer directions as to how to get to the Firebird she needed to photo. JO ELLEN indicated the photographer was dressed in blue jeans with a darker jacket (waist length) and some sort of white top. She stated she had brownish hair but JO ELLEN was not sure about the length. JO ELLEN indicated that the photographer returned several minutes later smiling, indicating that she stated she had found the car.

JO ELLEN indicated that the photographer left a copy of the AUTO TRADER and some sort of contract on an outdoor table. JO ELLEN did not move these items until she provided them to us on 11/03/05. JO ELLEN indicated that the photographer had not collected any money and JO ELLEN indicated that the family was not sure if they wanted the photograph run or not.

JO ELLEN indicated that she was out at the back of the residence and did not see the vehicle leave either so she could not determine which direction the vehicle took after leaving the residence.

I did transcribe the following written statement obtained from JO ELLEN ZIPPERER:

"On Monday 10/31/05 between 2:00 and 2:30 pm, I was out in the backyard. All at once, a lady appeared. She was shorter and petite. She was wearing darker waist length jacket and she had brown hair. She asked if she could take photos of a Firebird that Jason owns. She said she had talked to George and that it was OK. I showed told her how to get to the car, and she left. About 5 minutes later she came back. She was walking fast. She told me she found it and was smiling. She laid some papers on the table, and she left. I didn't see what car she was driving.

"I have dictated this statement to investigator Dedering. I have read the statement and have initialled all corrections. The statement is true and correct."

This statement was signed in my presence by JO ELLEN ZIPPERER at 9:31a.m. on 11/06/05. I did terminate my contact with Ms. ZIPPERER at 0936 hrs.



CASO PAGE 111 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Sunday, 11/06/05 at 0942 hrs., I (DEDERING) assisted by Manitowoc Co. Det. JACOBS did make contact with the following individual:

SHIRLEY R. VANDERLOOP

Ms. VANDERLOOP's residence is located immediately north of the ZIPPERER residence, and would afford a good view of any vehicles pulling into the driveway of the ZIPPERER residence. Ms. VANDERLOOP advised me that she was at home during the afternoon hours of 10/31/05, however, had not noticed any vehicles, whatsoever.

JANUARY 2006 - TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AFTER TERESA HALBACH WAS REPORTED MISSING

CASO PAGE 351 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Thursday, 01/19/06, at 7220 hours, Inv. BALDWIN and I (DEDERING) did attempt to contact GEORGE ZIPPERER, previously mentioned in this report. The individual I spoke with indicated she did not know where GEORGE was and was unable to contact him, as he had no cell phone. She indicated no one ever knows where GEORGE works. She indicated GEORGE does not have a cellular telephone nor does JASON have a cellular telephone.

CASO PAGE 352 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Friday, 01/20/06, at 8:44 a.m., I (DEDERING) did place a telephone call to GEORGE ZIPPERER, previously mentioned in this report, in response to a call he had placed to the sheriff s department. GEORGE indicated there are no cell phones in the house with the exception of his daughter's cell phone.

GEORGE stated he did call AUTO TRADER on one occasion after HALBACH went missing. He stated he spoke to someone about HALBACH coming onto his yard without permission and that she was trespassing.

GEORGE denied making any sort of phone call in which he purported himself to be STEVEN AVERY.

GEORGE stated he believes some AUTO TRADER representative called asking when he was going to "pay the bill." He then indicated it was a possibility he had called the AUTO TRADER regarding this matter.

GEORGE once again denied making any sort of phone calls to AUTO TRADER purporting himself to be STEVEN AVERY. I asked GEORGE if it was possible that JASON had contacted AUTO TRADER and he stated he was unsure about this.



JANUARY 2007 - ALMOST 15 MONTHS AFTER TERESA HALBACH WAS REPORTED MISSING

CASO PAGE 1036 - STEIER'S REPORT

On Thursday, 01/17/07, at approximately 9:40 a.m., I (Inv. GARY STEIER of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) spoke with Sgt. ANDREW COLBURN of the MANITOWOC COLINTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT.

Inv. STEIER spoke with Sgt. COLBURN reference his work schedule from 10/30/05 through 11/05/05. Inv. STEIER had previously been informed by Inv. MARK WIEGERT that Inv. STEIER should speak with investigators from the MANITOWOC COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT to obtain their work schedule because the defense for STEVEN AVERY may question the officers and their whereabouts.

Sgt. COLBURN indicated that on Sunday, 10/30/05, he worked his shift of 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sgt. COLBURN indicates he can recall where he was because his routine is fairly rigid. On Sundays, Sgt. COLBURN indicates at 10:30 a.m., he would have left his house and went to his mother-in-law's house to check on her. Sgt. COLBURN indicates every Sunday, prior to the start of his shift, he goes over to his mother-in-law's to make sure she is okay. Sgt. COLBURN says he would leave her house about 7:45 a.m. to go to work.

On Monday, 10/31/05, Sgt. COLBURN indicated he had worked a nine and one-half hour workday and was done around 2118 hours. Sgt. COLBURN indicated he would generally go home after his shift is over and watch TV, fall asleep on the couch and then go to bed.

On Tuesday, 11/01/05, Sgt. COLBURN indicated he had worked eight hours. Sgt. COLBURN indicated generally he would have returned home or he would have watched TV and then have gone to bed.

On Wednesday, 11/02/05, Sgt. COLBURN indicated he had worked an eight hour shift concluding his shift at 2000 hours.

On Thursday, 11/03/05, Sgt. COLBURN indicated he had started at 11:45 a.m. where he had worked his eight hour shift, plus three hours of overtime, assisting Calumet County Inv. JOHN DEDERING in speaking to the ZIPPERERS about TERESA HALBACH. Sgt. COLBURN also remembers he was called to go check the AVERY residence. Sgt. COLBURN indicated he had concluded his shift around 2250 hours.

On Friday, 11/04/05, Sgt. COLBURN indicated he was off. He could not recall what he had done on his off day.

FEBRUARY 2007 - JUST PRIOR TO THE START OF STEVEN AVERY'S TRIAL AND 15 MONTHS AFTER TERESA HALBACH'S DISAPPEARANCE

CASO PAGE 1080 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Friday, 02/09/07, at 1135 hours, I (DEDERING) did make telephone contact with the following individual concerning this matter:

MARK D. BELABAN

BELABAN is the owner of BELABAN REAL ESTATE CONSULTANTS, 1111 Marshall Street, Manitowoc, WI. The purpose of my telephone call was to determine whether BELABAN had any independent knowledge of whether GEORGE ZIPPERER had been on site of a roof construction project at the Marshall Street address on 10/31/05.

BELABAN indicated he had no independent recollection of GEORGE ZIPPERER being on site on that date.

BELABAN went on to indicate that if the weather was good, GEORGE would have been on site from 0730-0800 hours until the late afternoon hours.

BELABAN went on to indicate I could possibly contact an ALLEN THIELEN for additional information concerning this matter, as THIELEN was doing some paint contracting at the Marshall Street address during the same period of time.

CASO PAGE 1085 - DEDERING'S REPORT

On Friday, 02/09/07, at 1330 hours, I (DEDERING) made telephone contact with the following individual concerning this matter:

ALLEN M. THIELEN

THIELEN indicated to me GEORGE ZIPPERER was doing roofing reconstruction at the BELABAN building, 1111 Marshall Street, Manitowoc, WI, on 10/31/05. While THIELEN stated he could not recall specific details of 10/31/05, he did state GEORGE would have been there all the time during the time the roof work was being done. THIELEN had nothing else to offer concerning this investigation.

MANITOWOC COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT (MTSO)

11 comments:

  1. The telemarketers probably called the Zip's on Friday, talked to George Zipperer and Jason Zipperer, and passed the lead onto the AutoTrader office, where the account would have to be established in their system. Steven Schmitz/Craig Sippel must have called AT on the same day as the telemarketers called the Zips to request a shoot. Whoever (Dawn Pliszka) worked at the AT office on Friday created new accounts for both GZ and CS. Not just anybody can create new records or update and delete existing records; only users with those privileges, such as Dawn, can do that. Dawn probably designated a portion of time near the end of her work day to create new accounts, since she would want all the new accounts in the system before she left for the day. This would enable her to run the appointment sheets and fax them to photographers first thing the next morning (she faxed them by 7 a.m.).

    On Friday people are making plans for the weekend, which is why PR people wait until Sunday evenings or Monday mornings to make big announcements (if you want to bury a story, release it on Friday, especially on a holiday weekend). In the same vain, it wouldn't be unusual for it to be slower on Friday at AT for people calling in to make appointments or for people going online to setup appointments. Maybe only a few accounts were setup on Friday. People start to gear up for the work week and business activity on Sunday evenings and, obviously, Monday mornings.

    If Teresa Halbach had worked Manitowoc County on Saturdays, both the GZ and CS/SS appointments would have been on her Saturday lead sheet. GZ wasn't on the Saturday lead sheet because TH worked Manitowoc County only on Mondays, which is why GZ was on her Monday lead sheet. Had SA called AT on Friday, the Barb Janda account number would have been in the same sequence, and the appointment would have been on the Monday lead sheet along with GZ.

    The new CS/SS account for the phone-in lead was 48484 (had to have been called in before Saturday at 7 a.m.; and Dawn might have had to manually setup the new account if the online system wasn't linked to the office database).

    The new GZ account number for the telemarketing lead was 48485 (lead would have been transmitted to local AT office and the new account would have had to be manually setup at, or around, the same time as the CS/SS account was established; Dawn most likely had to do it manually).

    The new account for Barb Janda that was setup on Monday morning for the phone-in appointment was 48497 (Dawn did it manually).

    Between Friday and Monday morning, 11 new accounts had been setup before Dawn created the new account for Barb Janda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conflicting statements of George and JoEllen Zipperer:

    George said on 11/3 that he saw an AutoTrader magazine on the kitchen table.

    JoEllen said on 11/6 that Teresa left an AutoTrader maagzine and a contract on an outdoor table, where it remained until collected by Dedering on 11/3.

    CASO PAGE 3 - LEMIEUX'S REPORT

    At approximately 1700 hours on 11/03/05...

    he [George Zipperer] saw an AUTO TRADER magazine on the kitchen table.

    CASO PAGE 107 - DEDERING'S REPORT

    On Sunday, 11/06/05 at 0910 hrs...

    JO ELLEN indicated that the photographer left a copy of the AUTO TRADER and some sort of contract on an outdoor table. JO ELLEN did not move these items until she provided them to us on 11/03/05.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [–]HuNuWutWen 27 points 6 days ago

    What I am "certain" of is that the State will stop at nothing to prevent the truth from coming out about Teresa's visit to the Zipperer residence...

    ...Dedering's official reports indicate the existence of physical items of evidence, absolutely critically important items, crucial to understanding Teresa's last known movements and whereabouts...

    ...where is the voicemail message ?... "umm, your Honor, it's lost, we can't find it" ...this is apparently an acceptable response in Wisconsin courts... but wait, there's more...

    ...where is that copy of Auto Trader mag that Teresa left with JoEllen ?...disappeared, nobody knows...this would likely have Teresa's fingerprints on it, possibly one of the last things she ever touched...pffft, who needs it, right ?...

    ...where is the "paperwork, believed completed by Teresa..." ?...nobody knows, Dedering attests it was "collected and entered into evidence"...uh huh...where is it ?....this would likely be the very last thing Teresa wrote ...pffft, not important...

    ...where is the "plastic bag containing AT info, brochures.." ?...who knows ?...who wants to know ?...what's it to ya ?....pffft, who cares, right ?..

    ...how about JoEllen's statement ?...her initial timeline and remarks regarding Teresa "smiling" and what Teresa was wearing, ?... there is no reasonable doubt that JoEllen did in fact interact with Teresa on the 31st...

    ...and there is absolutely NO DOUBT that Teresa and Steven were in separate geographic locations, many miles apart, at THE EXACT TIME that Teresa "digitally disappeared"...2:41 pm...

    ...as for Bobby and Scott and their possible involvement in any of this ?...I think Bobby saw Teresa leave ASY, and the fact that he lied about that and also combined with Scott for a timely alibi, indicates that he was manipulated...

    ...notice that this frame of time, 2 pm - 2:41 pm 31st, is rife with magic and mystery and lies, lost evidence, changed statements, altered testimonies, incorrectly interpreted documents, shoddy investigation, SOP violations....

    ...I refuse to believe that any killer would meticulously collect self-incriminating evidence from a remote crime scene, and then sprinkle that evidence all around their own property...Steven would not, and DID NOT do this, nor did Bobby...Scott ?...hmmm

    ...there is no crime scene at ASY...no forensic evidence, people need to realize that it is logically IMPOSSIBLE to 100% erase every trace... AND, there is no residual evidence of a crime scene clean-up at ASY...what there is, physical items sprinkled superficially around the property...duh, LOOK what I found...oh, and hey there's a Rav4, duh...boy these murderers sure wanna get caught huh ?...

    ...sadly, it doesn't matter that we "know" all this stuff...

    ...KZ needs to get inside that Rav4...that's all that matters...

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7ntquf/how_certain_are_we_that_th_went_to_zipperers/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some odd recollections about the Zipperers (self.TickTockManitowoc)

    submitted 18 days ago * by s_wardy_s

    TH called at 2:12 PM the day she went missing.

    LE recorded then lost recording of the Zipps message from TH.

    JoZip says TH arrived around 3 PM yet could have been as late as 3:30 PM.

    JoZip says the car for sale was JaZips.

    The car was a 77 Pontiac.

    Neither JaZip, JoZip or GZip remember placing the ad.

    Apparently the car had previously been advertised elsewhere so telemarketers called about advertising it in AutoTrader.

    TH gives JoZip paperwork for the car so the transaction was complete.

    JoZip doesn't claim to see TH leave.

    GZip lied about his own activities and denied Teresa had ever been there.

    GZip was reported as being belligerent on a couple of occasions.

    GZip said TH was a trespasser on his property (why would he say that he's basically stating he had the motive to kill her).

    JaZip was arrested on 28 Oct, three days before the murder.

    JaZip while recently (2016) in prison, did tell someone he knows the truth and wanted to spill the beans. Shaun Attwood says "Another source has told me that the Zipperer grandson in jail knows all the details, and is ready to reveal what his grandfather did to Teresa." Attwood also claimed GZip tore down his garage and stories about luminol testing came out.

    JaZip was a member of the FB group "Justice for Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey"

    An aunt (DS) of JaZip once said JaZip had nothing to do with it, but GZip may have, and posted on Facebook "all I do have to say is I know George for many years and could tell many stories but I won't do it on here and I know Steven and Brendan are innocent that's all I am going to say on here thanks have a good night all"

    Suggested by others in the comments below

    GZip "joked" that JaZip left to find work in Alaska.

    The family pretended they weren't home, or refused to answer the door, when LE showed up on the night of 11/03.

    Firebird actually ran in the paper - https://imgur.com/t4iVYxi

    Did GZip kill TH for trespassing, and did JaZip witness something later?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7lh27j/some_odd_recollections_about_the_zipperers/

    ReplyDelete
  5. [–]rogblake 11 points 17 days ago

    JaZip was arrested on 28 Oct, three days before the murder.

    It's worth noting that when those matters went to trial, charges were dropped. Speculation: was the price of those dropped charges paid by grandma changing her statement as to when TH arrived and left their property, so that it fit in with the prosecution's narrative?

    [–]s_wardy_s[S] 8 points 17 days ago

    Yep, just like BT's charges.

    [–]seekingtruthforgood 10 points 18 days ago

    Hard not to think of his Firebird ad that he ran in the paper - https://imgur.com/t4iVYxi

    [–]skippymofo 7 points 18 days ago

    I found also the ad on 10/06/2005 and 10/09/2005. Manitowoc Herald-Times

    [–]s_wardy_s[S] 4 points 18 days ago

    Is that the actual ad?

    [–]seekingtruthforgood 7 points 18 days ago

    It's an ad found by someone else, not me. Apparently it was found in some type of classified ads archive. The number matches Zips... so it seems so.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7lh27j/some_odd_recollections_about_the_zipperers/

    ReplyDelete
  6. [–]MMonroe54

    Did you notice that in her testimony Angela said she talked to TH that day at 11 am when she (TH) called Dawn and Dawn was gone to lunch, to say she could "get that shot" (SA's appointment). Angela did not tell Lemieux and Wiegert this on 11/3 when they called her, apparently; they didn't report it, anyway. It's possible she didn't remember, of course, off hand. But she seems clearly to have been coached by the prosecution in that all her testimony seems negative to SA. She also said the reason Dawn didn't know who B Janda was when SA called that morning, even though Tom Janda had an account, was because it was a different phone number. I'm not sure if it was a different number of if they were both just making excuses.

    Also, in Wiegert's early report on activity for 11/3 he writes: "DAWN states she knows the JANDAS are basically the AVERY brothers. She states they have done work for them before and she does not know why they give the name of B. JANDA." Yet in her testimony, Dawn says Teresa told her that "that was the Avery brothers."

    Both Angela and Dawn's testimony is somewhat suspect, I think, so that it's unclear what they actually remembered and what may have been suggested to them.

    [–]MnAtty

    One of the weakest aspects of their case was that many witnesses were clearly coached on what to say. Of course, according to Barb and Scott, it went much further than that. Wiegert and Baldwin were both identified as having suggested scenarios to fabricate, in order to incriminate SA (e.g. molestation).

    And according to Barb, they overtly held the threat of arrest over her, in order to make her more compliant. I'm guessing that something to do with the new house, would have been the carrot part of the equation.

    [–]MMonroe54

    “They overtly held the threat of arrest over her, in order to make her more compliant. I'm guessing that something to do with the new house, would have been the carrot part of the equation.”

    An interesting idea. I think arrest was certainly part of it in that she was arrested on 11/5, maybe just to show her that they could. I think Wiegert presented the "moving" idea as "helpful advice" but that yes, it may have been the carrot part of how they dealt with her. Barb seemed somewhat pathetically grateful for anyone who offered to help her. Decision making was not her strong suit, I think. Could also explain why she's with ST.

    [–]JJacks61

    Both Angela and Dawn's testimony is somewhat suspect, I think, so that it's unclear what they actually remembered and what may have been suggested to them.

    I agree, some serious coaching went on with both witnesses. Especially Dawn. Recalling in greater detail 16 months later, than she did, days after the phone call. I just don't believe her ;-)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7pbzy3/details_around_autotrader/

    ReplyDelete
  7. [–]MMonroe54[S]

    Thanks. Nothing new but it's helpful to see what was said early on and compare it with testimony at trial. I've now re-read Angela Shuster's testimony, in which she says TH called at 11 am to talk to Dawn, who was gone to lunch, getting Angela, and telling her she could "get that photo", meaning at Avery's. Funny that Angela doesn't mention this call when Lemieux and Wiegert call her on 11/3, though it is, possible, of course, that she didn't remember it right away.

    [–]Meymey123

    I'm on the same path you are. Angela made a few things up. Or was forced too. She originally came off rather intelligent and familiar with her facts for the 11/3-6 interviews. Come the trial, she sucked at remembering important details and remembered facts fassbender fabricated....

    [–]MMonroe54[S]

    I think Angela may have been leaned on a bit, both by AT (fearful of liability, maybe?) and the prosecution. I think Dawn made things up, either for the same reason or just because.

    [–]MMonroe54[S]

    I’m also very curious about autotrader

    I am, too! I think there was some CYA at Auto Trader and a lot of gossip, especially after that first call from Lemieux.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7p55km/caso_reports_part_2_reports_by_dedering_pagel/

    ReplyDelete
  8. [–]What_a_Jem

    The problem with the Zips, is that they were a bit odd. I think JoZ was persuaded that Teresa must have been there between 2:00 and 2:30pm, rather than her original time frame of 12:00 to 3:00pm, because they wanted to manipulate the idea that Teresa went to Avery's AFTER the Zipperers. They didn't check GZ's alibi for over a year, which seems like they were just box ticking, rather than actually investigating, but they did check Jason's alibi, which confirmed he was at school.

    Having looked at this in detail a while back, it appeared that Autotrader lifted the details from another ad that Jason had placed. Using the phone number, they got the address, but came up with GZ's name, not Jason's who was actually selling the vehicle. The phone line was in GZ's name.

    I think they gave the details direct to Teresa without contacting the Zipperers. The cold calls annoy people, who have advertised a car, but most of the calls end up being other publications that want you to advertise with them. I think Teresa told JoZ that she had spoken to GZ, either because she had thought someone from marketing would have, or simple lied to allow JoZ to allow her to photograph the car. No photo, no money. GZ wasn't selling the car, so why would Teresa have spoken to him. She would have been told by GZ either to go away, or got her to talk to Jason. Teresa would have known it was Jason's car, yet said she had spoken to George.

    GZ may have called Autotrader AFTER he had been told Teresa was there, simply because he was a bit of an odd character, just to tell them she was trespassing. Technically, she probably was.

    I do recall the police having a real go at the Zipperers, making them confess they had agreed to the appointment, or something like that.

    Maybe Autotrader told police they had booked the appointment, simply because they didn't want to admit they had sent someone there without an actual appointment, which the police believed, so accused the Zipperer's of lying. All very odd.

    I do think Teresa did go to the zipperers, but after the Avery's. The elusive Zipperer answer/phone message may have helped confirm that, but that apparently been lost. How convenient!

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7d7joe/all_aboardhahahahaha_next_stop_of_this_crazy/

    ReplyDelete
  9. [–]bennybaku

    This was the appointment that should not have happened. From JoEllens statement on the stand, she said TH told her she spoke with George and he said it was okay(something like that) for TH to take a picture of the car. From that we can glean George didn't want a photographer from AT to come out and take a picture of the car. We also know Jason did not make the appointment with AT, nor did JoEllen. When did TH call and talk to George? He still insisted he spoke with an AT photographer and told her "no" prior. Was TH lying to JoEllen about speaking with George? Was JoEllen lying on the stand, and TH did not say it was okay to photograph the car. JoEllen also stated on the stand, TH told her they wouldn't be charged for the picture unless they called AT to place the add. IF TH did converse with JoEllen on AT practices, TH was aware George didn't want them to take a picture of the car. Was this AT protocol to take a picture of a car even if a potential customer told them "no"? Is this legal even?

    The only thing that makes sense here was/is JoEllen lied on the stand. I suspect AT called George prior to the 31st, a cold call. He told them "no". The cold caller didn't delete his name but kept it in, perhaps they forgot. JoEllen was aware of George's position, but when she arrived, she thought George had changed his mind. JoEllen explains to a furious George TH told her she spoke to him earlier and told her it was okay. This might explain why he told the cops if TH showed up she would be trespassing and he had a mean dog. This little lie of JoEllen's to George keeps her out of hot water, and explains to the jury why TH showed up anyway. It is/was, I think why he didn't testify. On the stand he would have told the jury he told AT not to send anyone out to photograph the vehicle. He thought AT was a scam operation. This would have brought some very curious questions to the jury table, not unlike all of us when we have discussed the Zipps. IF George said no, why did she show up? Did she show up? Was someone making sure TH was at the Zipps in the first place in AT? It also places AT in a very dark light, even if they are told by potential customers they aren't interested, do they do it anyway and keep trying to charge them for their services, thereby being true to George's opinion of a AT, a scammer outfit? KK certainly doesn't want any suspicions of AT. They want AT to appear as a proper company and no nefarious suspicions to arise in the jurors collective minds.

    [–]What_a_Jem

    The whole Zipperer appointment became very odd on many fronts, but that's more to do with their apparent odd behaviour and the confusion of why was Teresa there. I'm still convinced there was no contact between AT, or Teresa before she arrived.

    Kratz's would certainty not want to paint AT in a bad light, but to present them as an innocent bystander who lost a valuable employee. That way he could get their support, rather than AT wanting to defend their actions through their attorney's.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7d7joe/all_aboardhahahahaha_next_stop_of_this_crazy/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe the Zipperers were never in contact with Auto Trader. self.MakingaMurderer
    by [deleted]

    We all have heard that Zipperer was adamant that he did not call Auto Trader or that He was not aware that Teresa was going to show up. He considered her a trespasser.

    There is documentation that the appointment information came from the Florida Call Centre and sent to that district's Auto Traders Office.

    Is it possible the telemarketer (individual) that created this lead was cheating/ripping off Auto Trade?

    We know that Teresa made $10.00 more for "hustle" shots. How much did the Telemarketers make for their Leads?

    What if They got paid by the leads instead of the hours? Would that give someone the incentive to cheat their work place system?

    Considering that those who received the cold calls (from telemarketers) and accepted the appointment did not have choose the day of the shoot to have their vehicles in Auto Trader (Mrs Zipperer never paid Teresa).

    They were allowed the opportunity to look over the Auto Trader package that was given to them and the photos taken that day would be on file for client if they chose to place an ad later.

    Now with this in mind.

    It is possible that the telemarketer instead of cold calling people did reverse look up of the numbers found in the newspapers ads they were searching. This would give them a name, address they would need to create a lead.

    They would get paid for this lead and the photographer would go out to take a photo.

    This would explain why Jason's name was not on the Lead and why George Zipperer was adamant that he did not call her and that she was trespassing.

    I did notice that there several cancellations as well as no one home/no shows on the court exhibit of Teresa's appointment sheets from the Auto Trader .

    This speculation would explain why they may have been cancelled or no shows .

    I also know that this scam was happening and still happens a lot when people are paid by the leads and not the hour to many different companies. Especially if they are people that work from home.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/45ajmj/just_a_thought_maybe_the_zipperers_were_never_in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. [–]screamcleaning 20 points 19 days ago

    Auto Trader would send photographers out to Take pics of cars that were advertised in newspapers. The photographer would leave paperwork and a magazine for the prospective customer. If the person decided to place the ad they would already have a photo on file. Sometimes a discount would be offered to entice the customer.

    This happened to me back in 04/05. A very pushy photographer came on to my property and started taking pics of a truck I had for sale. I was home alone and it scared me as I lived out in the country, kind of isolated. I called my father-in-law and he came and made the guy leave. Auto Trader called me several times trying to get me to pay for the ad. It was kind of scam-ish.

    I have often wondered if TH trespassed on someone's property and got shot...

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TickTockManitowoc/comments/7ld1a0/the_zipperer_visit/

    [-]magiclougie

    Well, that would explain why AutoTrader employees cooperated with the State and lied on the stand to support the State's narrative and timeline... liability issues (Teresa allegedly died while performing duties for AutoTrader).

    ReplyDelete