Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Fassbender's Report About Tammy Weber and the Cops Planting the Rav4, Along with Other Evidence, at Avery's

November 4, 2005 RAW interview with Steven Avery | NBC26


Steven Avery told Fassbender that he called Teresa Halbach to let her know he wanted her to take another photo of a loader by the blue house trailer on the property, but she didn't answer her phone (page 15, Fassbender's Report). He didn't use *67 the second and last time he called. Perhaps he realized she already knew his number so he didn't have to block her, as was his habit.

Fassbender also details in his report that Avery said Tammy [Weber] told him that a cop said another cop put Teresa's vehicle on his property and planted evidence (page 6, 18) and that Avery asked about "the other person Teresa saw after him" (page 19).





Making A Murderer, Ep. 5, 52:45

Avery: What about this cop?

Fassbender: Want to tell us about that?

Wiegert: Tell us about that.

Avery: Tammy told me that.

Wiegert: Tammy told you?

Avery: Yeah.

Wiegert: She a friend of yours or something or...?

Avery: Yeah, I know her.

Wiegert: What did she tell you?

Avery: That... she heard... She told me that she'd heard that a cop put it out there and planted evidence.

Wiegert: Put what out there?

Avery: That vehicle.

Wiegert: And that's Teresa's vehicle?

Avery: Yeah.

Wiegert: So Tammy told you that somebody told her...

Avery: Yeah.

Wiegert: ...that a cop put that vehicle, Teresa's vehicle, out on your property.

Avery: Yeah.


When I read the part about Sydow I started thinking where have I seen this before. I remembered and double checked it. I'm not sure if this is the #602 Sydow or not. When Tammy Weber was brought up quite awhile ago one of the links posted about her was a comment on the funeral site for a Charles Sydow MTSO reserve deputy. The comment was from Tammy and her boyfriend and it seemed like they spent a lot of time with him.

According to the CASO reports Tammy claimed she heard about evidence planting from kids who heard it from an officer from Two Rivers. He was questioned and denied saying it. What if that was just a cover story to not out her friend Sydow? Maybe he knew about evidence planting and let it slip to her? Maybe he did write the sikikey letter?

[-] UncleJihad

From Charles Sydow obituary:
Charles was born on November 10, 1942 in Manitowoc, son of the late Charles L. & Arlene (Herrmann) Sydow.
[–]idunno_why

Regarding the teens who are rumored to have been there that night? Sounds like they might have come forward and given a statement.

I'm thinking this is the teens that are rumored to have been there that night. A man claiming to be their father shared the story on Facebook a couple of years ago but he said they were afraid to come forward (never heard from him directly again). Maybe they finally gave a statement?

As the story went, they didn't make a connection between what they saw and the murder of TH until some months after it happened and they were afraid of getting in trouble for trespassing in the quarry.

I don't recall when they mentioned it to their parent, or if he said. But there are many reasons that people don't speak up about things like that and it's not uncommon.
Who is Tammy Weber?

Reddit Thread Comments


There is a Tammy Weber that lives in Two Rivers, WI.

I personally think the name Weber is a mistake or typo. While there is a Tammy Weber, it appears there is another Tammy friend of the Avery family. I am not sure of all the Reddit rules so I won't put her name but it is pretty easy to find on friends of Avery family on Facebook. Her husband seems to have a vehicle transport business so it seems logical she is the right Tammy. It would be interesting to know her story/who gave her the info!

In the very first footage of the police search of Avery's trailer, they hone in on a letter showing Avery's name. I thought this was weird because the letter looked out of place sitting there. If you look at it, it is postmarked from what appears to be 1985 with a 22 cent stamp. It is from Lila and Tammy Weber. There is a '3G' marked on the letter and the 'v' on his name seems to be altered with the same pen. Anyway... I didn't know anything about them, because I haven't finished watching the series, but when I searched on here, I see she contacted Steven about the car being moved.

It looks like the letter is from early 1988, because the stamp on it was issued in Feb 1988 according to Arago and 22 cent stamps were phased out in April according to Wiki. I thought the postmark was a 5, but must be an 8.

Here is something I found online about Mishicot High... I can't verify the accuracy, but according to it Lila Weber is Class of 79 and Steven Avery is Class of 80. In those years you also see names like Wiegert, Hunsader, Dvorak, Morris and Remiker, which should ring a bell.

There was a Patrick Weber in the scrap metal business. But he passed away in 2009. Also a Milton Weber who had daughters named Lila and Tammy.

From what I can gather, Tammy worked at the police station and told Steven the police planted evidence in the RAV4. When her name NEVER came up again, I've always wondered "Who's Tammy?" and why has no one (not even the press) interviewed her or written about her. I'm sure the police don't take kindly to people talking out of school and it's her hometown so she kept her mouth shut.

Cop01 plants evidence, Cop02 knows about it and tells Unknown Person. Unknown Person tells Tammy Weber about it. Tammy Weber calls Steven Avery about it. Steven Avery tells Fassbender about it. Steven Avery is slightly confused about the exact wording about it. He also says that Tammy Weber told him that Teresa's family and Penny Beerntsen are friends. Steven claims that Weber told him that the Halbach family and the cops are trying to set him up. He is confused about how it was actually described to him, but that this was the jist of it.

This also makes me wonder if this is why the police where trying to locate Penny Beerntsen as is documented in the compilation of audio recordings to the police in association with the Halbach case. That phone call asking the support desk to find Penny's address, etc. (which was unsuccessful) has always been a bit of mystery to me.


More Reddit Comments

Maybe this Tammy who left a comment here?

http://pfefferfuneralhome.frontrunnerpro.com/book-of-memories/1664780/Sydow-Charles/obituary.php

According to her Facebook page I would say that is her. I think we have just done more detective work than the Calumet and Manitowoc departments combined. I'm debating on sending her a message and asking her myself.

I wonder how many people have stayed silent because they are afraid to speak out. I would be.

Very good point, especially if she knows for a fact that the cops framed Avery.
Any follow-up on that?
No. I figured if she's kept quite about it for 11 years she's not going to open up to a total stranger. I know she's aware of MAM. There's a post about it on her page. I think the best thing to do is email Zellner about this.
Good work. And agreed to your other comment, I'd probably be scared too if I lived there and grew up around all of these people, knowing the powers that be.

I see the guestbook at the obit is no longer open. You could read it a few days ago.

I was still able to read it through the right sidebar (recently lit candles).

In case you read my previous comment with any sarcasm, please don't - I was being genuine, that was an interesting find.
Hmm...the box was empty when I went there and it said you had to pay to have it re-opened. No, I didn't take it with sarcasm. No worries!

She is actually FB friends with some of the Averys so thinking if she had any viable, prove-able proof, I'm thinking she'd help him. I think her grandfather was a volunteer Manitowoc officer but has passed away.

I have seen her facebook page now, but why is it that this person wasn't at minimum interviewed?

Overthrow.us Comments 

Patty Oppegard February 25, 2016 11:45 pm

Daniel, Listening to the calls to the Manatowoc Sheriffs dispatch (youtube, just audio) Officer Greg Shutter(sp) calls dispatch to get him Penny Beerntsen's address and phone # (after they found the rav4) 1st dispatcher had no clue, she asks Kay, finally comes back on and says they don’t have it and Penny is probably not her real name. While they’re looking, you can hear Greg say to someone else “she already did an interview last night” – He tells him he’ll get the # from someone else. Why would they want to speak w/her? To warn her the guy who didn’t rape her was being investigated? Or were they trying to control who she spoke to about things? Any insight to them wanting her address and phone#? What were they trying to achieve?

danielrluke February 26, 2016 1:28 am

A great question. Seems to support the idea that many in the town, including many in law enforcement, never really could bring themselves to believe that Steven Avery was innocent the first time.

Patty Oppegard February 26, 2016 12:26 pm

I found this–Steven tells Fassbender in interview that Tammy said the cops planted the rav4 and he also says that Tammy Weber told him that Teresa’s family and Penny Beerntsen are friends. Steven claims that Weber told him that the Halbach family and the cops are trying to set him up. He is confused about how it was actually described to him, but that this was the jist of it. Yea, don’t know the validity of statement but if Penny is friends’ w/ the Halbach family..??

danielrluke February 26, 2016 4:57 pm

We know that Beerntsen was a prominent member of that community. If the Halbachs were too, or nearly so, then it is very likely that they knew or knew of each other. It’s a pretty small place, after all, and I would think all of the prominent families would know each other on some level. I think it’s this way pretty much everywhere. What’s striking to me is how little has been brought out about these various relationships given the level of attention this case haw drawn internationally. If you are familiar with In Cold Blood, Truman Capote traveled all the way to Holcombe Kansas in the 50s as a diminutive gay man from the South, no less, and spent quite awhile there to get his story. The result, of course, is literary history.

Sam March 2, 2016 4:59 am

Tammy is an interesting point. Steven did bring her up in his interview, as the person that told him the police put the car on his lot. A great deal of the police reports and the trial transcripts can be found online, but nothing on Tammy anywhere. They must have questioned her. Neither the defense nor the prosecution ever brought her up in trial. I would like to see that police report/interview.

The other thing I found odd, was even though Fassbender has Tammy’s full name in his report, he did not initially ask Steven, “Tammy who?” Why would he not, in that moment, be interested in Tammy’s last name? Fassbender must have know who Steven was talking about. Which is a little odd.

I wish I could remember where I read it, but I want to say Tammy is related to someone in the police department. (maybe her grandfather?) I know its a fairly worthless statement without a source, but maybe someone reading this knows and can either debunk or confirm?

By Classic_Griswald at Reddit
April 14, 2016

Many of us have been interested in Tammy Weber and exactly what she had to say to Steven about him being set up.

He claims as much in the police interview. He claimed she told him the cops were setting him up. But I'm sure many of you (myself included) at the time thought, "Maybe SA is just making this up. Maybe he's just attributing this to Tammy because she might cover for him." Or maybe she hadn't said anything at all.

In fact, Liegert & Factbender followed up on this and interviewed her. (Intelligence gathering?) and she states she heard it through her sons from a police officer in the Two Rivers Dept. And that she doesn't think SA was capable of it, if anyone had done it, she'd figure it would be Chuck.

Interesting to note, she also stated her mind was changing, and that she thought maybe Steven did do it, after seeing more information come out. This is very interesting to note, because this is someone who personally knows Steven since childhood, who thought he wasn't capable of a crime like this, but after seeing media blitzes of Avery guilt, her opinions changed.

That is the power of a smear campaign. Presumption of innocence is for innocent people.

Another point to mention, as many have, when the evidence came in leading the police back to the Avery yard, Chuck does not look very favourable. He had the means and opportunity to set up SA, and he has a history of stalking/giving unwanted attention to customers or acquaintances at the yard. I'm not suggesting he did it, or I believe he did it, but from an investigatory perspective, he should have been a suspect. As much as SA was.
I asked TAMMY about previous statements she had made about there being police officer involvement in the alleged setup of STEVEN AVERY as well as statements she had previously made that a certain officer had made comments that STEVEN AVERY had been set up.
TAMMY stated a nephew of hers by the name of JOSHUA WALTER had come to her house along with two friends by the name of JASON and SHAWN (ph) SCHNEIDER. TAMMY states at that time, they were talking about the HALBACH murder case and JOSHUA, JASON and SHAWN had stated they had learned from a TWO RIVERS POLICE officer that STEVEN was possibly innocent. TAMMY stated to me at that time, "If anybody did it, it would be CHUCK.''
I asked TAMMY what police officer made the statement. She stated she did not know; she just knew that it was a Two Rivers cop.
TAMMY stated she initially agreed with those guys that she did not feel that STEVEN was capable of doing such a thing and was not guilty of it. She stated to me, however, since that time, as more and more evidence comes out, she is second-guessing herself.
'FISHY' INTERROGATIONS: 'THEY'RE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH' 
By DAILYMAIL.COM
February 15, 2017

Detectives Mark Wiegert and Tom Fassbender interrogated Brendan on three separate occasions on February 27, 2006 - at Mishicot High School, Two Rivers Police Dept and Fox Hills Resort.

But Brendan's mother claims that there was also a fourth interrogation that no one knows about because it happened outside.

‘At the cabin in Crivitz, Fassbender took Brendan outside for an interview. There is no record of that anywhere.

'The day they took me, Blaine and Brendan to Two Rivers’ police station, they told me that I was not allowed in while they interviewed my sons.

'They took them to Fox Hills Resort. I was told if I left I would be arrested. They were not allowed to leave Fox Hills. Wiegert and Fassbender kept saying to me: “It’s your brother or the yard.”

‘If I had been allowed into the interrogation room, I think things would have been way different because they would have never been able to pump things into Brendan’s head like they did. I started to think something was fishy at the Two Rivers Police Department and at Fox Hills when Fassbender and Wiegert said that if I left they would pick me up.

‘They say that I gave them permission to interview Brendan. Well, that was a lie.

'The day they did this at school, I was at work for ten hours. They called me after the fact. They interviewed him for three to four hours, and then first contacted me to come get him. I never gave them permission to do what they did. They did it behind my back.

'And when they took us to the police station, they told me I couldn’t go in with him because he was going to give them a gruesome story that I wouldn’t be able to handle, and told me to go have a seat on the chair. That is the truth, and they are lying through their teeth.’

PAGE 338 CASO REPORT
By MrDoradu at Reddit
April 14, 2016

They follow the lead up, page 341, and talk to the officer who supposedly said this. He gives his version of the conversation they had:
I informed LOUIS that SCHNEIDER had told us they had spoken about the AVERY case and was wondering what the conversation was about. Officer VIGUE states he bumps into the SCHNEIDER boys when he is working third shift. He states they are out roaming the streets of Two Rivers and he commonly bumps into them and does speak with them. Officer VIGUE stated the SCHNEIDER boys were talking about being at their mom's house one night and they were talking about the HALBACH homicide and STEVEN AVERY's arrest for that homicide. Officer VIGUE states the SCHNEIDER boys had told him they were using a Ouija board and they said something had come up about the Ouija board. Officer VIGUE stated the boys had believed that STEVEN AVERY had been set up. According to Officer VIGUE, he stated to them he does not know, it could go either way. Officer VIGUE stated he did not really give them his opinion and was just making small talk with them. He stated he told them, "Anything is possible." Officer VIGUE did tell us that he told the boys he thought (meaning Officer VIGUE thought) it was ridiculous the MANITOWOC SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT would be setting STEVEN AVERY up.

That was the end of my contact with Officer VIGUE.
So according to Vigue's story this was a bit more innocent that it first appeared, though I haven't found Fassbender's report about the statement Jason made about the conversation.





No comments:

Post a Comment